Bots From Buzznet
What Does Eggdrop Mean?
Eggdrop is an open-source Internet Relay Chat bot that was originally designed to help IRC operators protect their channels from takeover attempts. Eggdrop can also network other Eggdrop bots into a botnet. It is written in C and offers extension capabilities in Tcl. It is designed to run on Unix-like systems.
Eggdrop is one of the most popular bot programs on IRC. It was created by Robey Pointer in 1993 to protect the EFnet channel #gayteens from constant attacks in 1993. Writen in C, Eggdrop can be extended using Tcl scripts. Many Eggdrop users have added scripts doing things like running online games, managing users and channels, serving files and other IRC services. Eggdrop is typically used on shell account providers so users can compile and run the program.
One notable feature is the ability to form botnets of other instances of Eggdrop. These bots communicate with each other using DCC chat and telnet.
An Eggdrop user compiles Eggdrop from source on a shell provider that allows Eggdrop. Because of the potential for abuse by using botnets for things like distributed denial of service attacks, some IRC servers ban Eggdrop.
Download eggdrop from eggheads
Install eggdrop bot
- apt install update
- apt install gcc wget build-essential tcl8.6-dev
- wget http://ftp.eggheads.org/pub/eggdrop/source/1.8/eggdrop-1.8.2.tar.gz
- tar zxvf eggdrop-1.8.2.tar.gz
- make config
- make install DEST=/home/yourfolder/yourfolder
Install Hopm bot
- apt install git
- git clone https://github.com/ircd-hybrid/hopm.git
- cd hopm
- ./configure --prefix=/home/hopm/hopmbot
- make install
In your Hopm configuration (mode = +sc +cF) and change kline for gline.. to enable global gline in unreal with HopmServ
Add the following to your local settings file (see $wgRCFeeds):
// IRC # port: 1338 $wgRCFeeds['ircfeed'] = array( 'formatter' => 'IRCColourfulRCFeedFormatter', 'uri' => 'udp://127.0.0.1:1338', 'add_interwiki_prefix' => false, 'omit_bots' => true, );
SOCAT and ircII (or similar cli irc client)
Use socat instead of netcat. Some versions of netcat (on Debian at least) stop listening after receiving the first RC entry, because the wiki changes the port used to send the UDP packet.
socat -T5 - udp4-listen:1338,reuseaddr,fork | ircII -d -c \#<channel> <nick> <irc_server>
- apt install cmake wget
- wget https://github.com/anope/anope/releases/download/2.0.2/anope-2.0.2-source.tar.gz
- tar -xvf anope-2.0.2-source.tar.gz
- cd anope-2.0.2-source
- cd build
- make install
install snapd and certbot for tls ssl cert
- apt install snapd
- snap install core; sudo snap install refresh core
- snap install --classic certbot
- ln -s /snap/bin/certbot /usr/bin/certbot
- certbot --version
- certbot certonly --standalone --preferred-challenges http-01 -d irc.example.com
- chmod -R 755 /etc/letsencrypt/live/
- chmod -R 755 /etc/letsencrypt/archive/